Wednesday, July 13, 2016

LEARNING DISABILITY

I knew I had to do the Learning disability stimulation but I was very nervous and didn't even think I could correctly do it because I would slip up when trying to speak. Well I decided I would go to Winco to go shopping and get my groceries for the week. I planned out before what I would ask an employee for once I got there. My sentence was going to be... , Which Isle are the pineapples on" but that wouldn't work because that uses "L", next I thought of the sentence of " Can you show me where the Pineapples are", but I couldn't say that because of the "N", S I settled with asking this way..."where are the pineapples?" When I got there and asked the employee, it went different than I had expected. After asking her, she replied fresh produce or canned?..... I really wanted the canned pineapple but I couldn't reply "Canned" because it had a "N" in it. I freezed up and tried to think of how to word it. I thought I would say, "the ones in the tin" but that still had a "N" in the word so I coulnd't use it I felt my face turn red because it had been a long time and I couldn't answer a simple question. I realized that I didn't know how to answer and out of embarrassment I replied, "Produce" I gave in because I was embarrassed,But I realized that If I had a real Learning disability that I wouldn't be able to do that. I really felt for these people. I then went to the book store on campus and asked them where the dresses were for girls, This time, the employee didn't ask me any questions but just walked me over to where the dresses were located. It wasn't as hard at the grocery store but I still felt the anxiety of knowing they could ask me a question and not feeling prepared to answer it. I realized that people with learning disabilities must feel anxiety frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment