Saturday, July 9, 2016

Reflection 11

This week was my favorite week by far to talk to Emily, I thought that it was so interesting to hear about her lifestyle and the way that she learned to adapt with her disability. I realized that we all have flaws or imperfections but we don't have to allow that to define us in any way. As long as we have a positive outlook on life, we can accomplish anything. I loved being able to ask her questions and listening to how she has impacted people around her and not even realizing it. I have seen in my own life how we can impact others for the good and not realize how much we really do in this world. I thought it was interesting how she had a braille machine and was able to type onto it and make her own braille. I loved how she made her own games and improvised. I thought it was so cool how her Book of Mormon was in braille and she could read it like that. I  am very close to the deaf community because I had a deaf teacher in high school that taught me sign language, we were able to become great friends!!! She took me under her wing and showed me a whole new way of life, It was so crazy! I eventually came to the point of interpreting for her for a while before I left for college. I miss those times and being able to use my other senses!I think that Emily will continue to influence those around her with her bright spirit!
Image result for Picture of someone reading braille

No comments:

Post a Comment