Saturday, July 9, 2016

Reflection 12

In class, we did another vote with your feet. I love doing these because we get to read scenarios and are able to voice our opinions on the matter. I realized that I can have alot of opinion on certain matters that I thought I would be unsure about.  I think that it is good to always hear different perspectives and get a good view on all sides of the matter. This allows us to keep an open mind and make sure we don't become closed off to other people's opinions. I think this is a very important skill to have, especially going into the work force that we are going to. Teaching can be rough but we need to always keep changing up how we teach our classes to accommodate for those who need help.

A group also taught on Friday about emotional disorder disabilities. I thought that these were very interesting and are topics that not alot of people address. I think society tends to hide these parts of ourselves from the world because they are scary and hard and ugly. But if we don't talk about it then we don't realize how many people actually fall in these categories.

Depression is when you get feelings of guilt, sadness and anger for a long period of time, because of this, you can have social withdrawl and leave the group you are in. Some accommodations are to make the classroom fun with lots activities.

OCD
Can make you count numbers over and over again. Clean excessively, or having a strict routine
Making accommodations could be having hand sanatizer and making small goals.

I realized that we can all help those around us and be friends. Life should be enjoyable and not something to dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment