Friday, July 8, 2016

Reflection 9

Reflection 9

This week, it was very interesting learning in SPED310, I realized when we were talking about disabilities that even though we all have flaws and imperfections, we can all create. I thought that it was so amazing when I was watching this video about how we all have an ability to create and contribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJC1sRJ8F0Q

I realized when we were talking about adaptations and changing the classroom, that we can always help those that have disabilities and that those disabilities don't have to define them! Most of the time it is the teacher that needs to change her thought process and way of teaching. I have noticed that most teachers get stuck in a rut of teaching and don't switch up their teaching methods because they get use to teaching a certain way. I think that any student has an ability to learn.Teachers need to help adapt their classroom so that the student can create and grow.

I think that teachers also need to get out of their comfort zone to get to know the families of their students. This is beneficial to help get more personal with students so you can better meet their needs. Every student has needs that need attention. I think that it is important to know students so they are more open and willing to learn. I loved how at the beginning of the semester we learned everyone's names and Brother Cloward knew our name. That helped in the learning process and making it easier to talk in class because it was more on a personal level.

We also had a presentation on traumatic head injury. I thought that was interesting because we learned about how the brain functions and how it really makes a difference. I realized that our brain is very important and if we injury ourselves, we need to seek help.

Damages to the brain-
Frontal- Socialization
Parietal- language verbal memory
Occipital- visual ability
Temporal- hearing


No comments:

Post a Comment